Friday, October 12, 2007

Important Recalls

I know, this may be weird to talk about, but just so you know, my girl has had a normal bowel movement since I posted that she was having diarrhea and was getting sick. So to recap so you know what to do, As soon as she started showing signs of being sick, I went out and bought her favorite yogurt, and rice krispy treats, and I let her eat as much as she wanted. The next day I saw improvement, and the next day after that she was "healed".

And this is not the first time. This is just the first time that I have documented the results. Anytime she has tried to catch a cold or get diarrhea after her last stint in the hospital, the first thing I have done was give her yogurt. It has not failed me once and I have had to do it... about 3 or 4 times now. I have not had to bring her into see a doctor, no medication with God knows what in it, which brings to mind, I watched Dateline last night, and they said that Triaminic cold and cough, Tylenol cold and cough, and MORE are being pulled from shelves because they have been causing deaths in babies! Well, good thing my kids are still alive then because I already gave it to them when they were babies. Who know what damage it did? It was not only these brands, it included about 14 others, but it was basically any cough and cold medication with antihistamine in it, and it was mainly for the infant dosage, the 2 and unders, so if you have any of those in your cabinet, please don't give it to your babies anymore.

Have you noticed that about medication? That it will be out for a long time and after years and years they will finally decide to tell us it is bad for us? And you know what the company's main concern was when they were talking to dateline? Not losing their "market"... our kids. They said they will lose a small portion of their "market" because of the recall..."babies" We are just a "market" for them. All they really care about is how to make money for themselves and if anybody gets hurt, they will pay us off. What a world we live in.

1 comment:

Happy Kitten said...

This is disturbing...

I think most infant ailments can be cured by home remedies.. it only requires patience and trust.

2 years later

2 years later
Healthy and happy now