Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Diarrhea Again








my girl blowing her nose


It used to scare me when my daughter would wake up in the morning, stomach in pain because she had diarrhea. I didn't know what to do. Well now I do as I have told you all about in my previous posts and just as yogurt applies when your kids are on antibiotics, it applies when they are beginning to get sick too.

Yogurt, I believe from what I have seen it do, is far better than any antibiotic, and it's better for you. Its not some man enhanced thing you are putting into your precious one.

Since I have started my now 3 year old on yogurt, she has not had a full blown sickness. She will start to get sick, I immediately up her yogurt intake, and amazingly, she is better sometimes the next day.

She started to get sick again over the weekend. Woke up in the morning with aweful, green diarrhea and a stuffy, runny nose (weird combination), so we ran out right a way and bought her some yogurt, this is what she picked out:






I also picked out some other things that I knew from experience would stop her up fast and that she would enjoy eating, so I picked her up some rice krispy treats too.



To give her some variety, I also got her some Go Gurt Smoothie (princess, of course) She scarfs these down. They come in different flavors and are apparently very tasty :)










Well, I will update you to let you know any changes, but so far, so good. She has not had diarrhea since she started eating all of these things, and the runny nose she was starting disapeared already too... tell me what medication can do that? and safely? I haven't found one yet.

No comments:

2 years later

2 years later
Healthy and happy now